> An Internet site www.tela-botanica.org : a privileged tool to access the Net
Created in 2000, the site www.tela-botanica.org is now the most popular portal for French-speaking botanists to exchange information. Every day, passionate hobbyists, teachers and professionals of botany exchange, get informed and prepare projects.
To get informed
- via the electronic flora, and access information about the nomenclature, distribution, iconography… of plants
- via the weekly newsletter
- via the on-line resources : digitized books, publications, bibliographic references, summaries of forums...
- to the common projects of the network
- by submitting news
- by announcing events
- by sharing its observations
- by publishing a scientific paper
- en publiant un article scientifique
> A weekly newsletter: to remain connected
To be informed of the news and events advertised on Tela Botanica, you could subscribe (for free) to the Newsletter. This letter, posted every Thursdays, gives the titles and a short extract of the last articles and events published as news on the site.
> Projects : to help the creation and development of common projects
Tela Botanica enables everyone to participate to the realisation of common projects thanks to a structure adapted to cooperative work. The "Tela Botanica projects" aim at producing collaborative works, which are freely accessible on the Internet.
Some examples of projects already finalized by network members :
- The synonymic index of France flora. A data base of 80 000 plant names for more than 18 000 different taxa.
- The plant index for the over-sea departments (French administrative units) : Réunion, Guadeloupe et Martinique, etc.
- The translation into French of the ICBN (International Code of Botanical Nomenclature)
- A data base for all French herbaria. . This base includes among others some herbaria which are not listed in the Index Herbariorum.
- LA data base of works published in French about Botany. . More than 30 000 works are already referenced.
- Distribution maps, on a department basis, of the plants of France.
- The on-line notebook, a computer based field notebook to collect your field naturalist data.